Rye Beer is a type of beer that is brewed using rye malt which is made by malting Rye grain. It imparts a spicy flavour to the beer and is typically amber or brown in colour.
The addition of Rye malt also increases the foam stability of the beer. Rye beers are produced by many breweries all over the world and are becoming increasingly popular due to their unique flavour profile.
Rye beers are perfect for people who are looking for something different in their beer drinking experience.
Rye Beer Details
- Color: 1-40 SRM
- Bitterness: Varies-Varies IBU
- Alcohol: Varies-Varies% ABV
- Glass: Vase
- Temperature: 7-12°C
- Color: Varies
- Clarity: Varies
- Hop: Low to medium-high
- Malt: Cocoa/chocolate or caramel, and/or aromatic toffee-like, caramel, or biscuit-like
Rye Beer Pairings
- Food Pairing: Spicy Foods
- Cheese Pairing: Asiago, mild Blue cheese, mild Cheddar, Coulommiers, Chèvre, aged or smoked Gouda
- Dessert Pairing: Cinnamon Buns
Looking for a brewery near you? Check out our brewery near me tool and discover thousands of local breweries!