Toronto is a Canadian Powerhouse when it comes to breweries with delicious and unique craft beer. With over 70 breweries to taste test, you’re guaranteed to find the perfect pint. Check out this list of 25 Toronto Breweries you need to add to your “must visit” list.
What are the best Toronto Breweries?
Looking for a delicious craft beer in Toronto? We’ve got you covered. Almost every neighbourhood in Toronto boasts a cool and unique craft brewery with beers you won’t want to miss out on. Whether you’re looking for a colourful flight to try or in search of the best stout in the city, you’ll find all that and more amongst the 70+ craft breweries in Toronto.
It’s hard to narrow down our favorite breweries in Toronto. There are so many to choose from, so each offering brews that are tasty, complex, unique, and boundary-pushing. So, consider this our favorite breweries “of the moment” and keep your eye peeled for additional Toronto Brewery posts so you can explore even more.
How we picked the best Toronto Breweries?
With every ‘top breweries’ post that we write, we make sure to do diligent online research to determine who makes it on our list. From reading online reviews and reviewing beer selections, to checking other authority websites and of course, sampling their beers. We do our best to take all the information we collect and give you our opinion of the top breweries in Toronto.
However, we know we aren’t perfect and if we’ve missed a Toronto brewery that you think should be on this list, please write a comment below and we’ll consider adding them!
The Best Toronto Breweries
Alright, so who made our list this year? Check it out below!
The brewer’s at Godspeed Brewery are “obsessed” with brewing consistent and high-quality brews. With a Japanese influence running throughout many of the beers, you’re bound to be pleasantly surprised by what Godspeed has to offer on tap.
- Address: 242 Coxwell Ave, Toronto, ON, M4L 3B
- Beers to try: Ochame Green Tea IPA and Nonbe Oktoberfest Bier
Known for releasing “outside of the box” brews, Blood Brothers Brewing is an adventurous beer drinker’s haven. They’re especially known for experimental sour beers and wine-infused brews. Give your tastebuds a treat and try something you’ve never had before at Blood Brothers Brewing.
- Address: 165 Geary Ave, Toronto, ON, M6H 2B8
- Beers to try: Paradise Lost Guava Sour Ale and Shumei Hybrid IPA
If you’re a baseball fan, you can’t pass up the opportunity to take a visit down to Left Field Brewing. Their range of beers on tap offers something for everybody and as an added bonus, they even have their own brewery hound, Wrigley!
- Address: 36 Wagstaff Drive Toronto, ON M4L 3W9
- Beers to try: Eephus Oatmeal Brown Ale and Laser Show Double IPA
This brewery offers something very unique to the Toronto brewing scene in that they offer taps to home brewers! Their slogan “beer by the people for the people” speaks to their dedication to continue to bring new and interesting beers to the table.
- Address: 90 Cawthra Ave, Unit 101 Toronto, ON M6N 3C2
- Beers to try: Mango Fett NEIPA with Lactose and Serendipitous Sour Raspberry & Toasted Coconut Sour
Almost disguised as a typical bungalow, this brewery offers a rustic vibe with an unbeatable beer garden to enjoy the short Toronto summer. Their “less is more” approach to their beer will have you feeling right at home. So sit back, grab a pint, and stay awhile!
- Address: 22 Cranfield Rd Toronro, Ontario M4B 3H1
- Beers to try: Black Opal Schwarzbier and Prost! Dunkelweizen
This industrial-style brewery is a fast-growing favorite amongst Toronto breweries. Having quickly outgrown their first commercial space, they’ve cemented their future growth potential at their newest location in the Stockyards. Their selection is always on rotation so if you need a reason to make this a frequent stop on your brewery lists, you’ve got one!
- Address: 100 Symes Rd, York, ON M6N 3T1
- Beers to try: Sweetback’s Milk Stout and Four on the Floor Pilsner
Dedicated to Belgian-Beer styles, this laidback brewery offers a great space to relax, listen to music, drink beer, and lose track of time. Even though they’re devoted to more traditional brews, this micro-brewery stands out in a crowd.
- Address: 928 College Street, Toronto ON, M6H 1A4
- Beers to try: Flemish Cap Old World Saison and Calm in the Chaos Triepl with Brett
Started by brew best friends, this microbrewery is casual, fun, and features, and ever-changing rotation of beers. Another brewery with a brag-worthy patio, Bandit Brewery is a Toronto summer essential stopover. Oh, and don’t forget to check out their beer-battered cheese curds. You won’t regret it.
- Address: 2125 Dundas St W Toronto, ON, M6R 1X1
- Beers to try: Wizard of Gose Meyer Lemon and Bermuda Double Dry Hopped IPA
This quirky brewery offers a funky design that gives an ode to any great neighbourhood watering hole. Specializing in Belgian-style brews, prepare to taste an array of classically created beers. Nothing fancy here, just great reliable pints.
- Address: 100 Symes Rd #101, Toronto, ON M6N 0A8
- Beers to try: Wit Saison and Saison Davenport
Kensington Brewing has been busy over the last few months as they’ve overhauled their packaging design and opened a second brewery. Big exciting changes for this beloved brewery. But despite these changes one thing remains the same, the beer is damn good.
- Address: 299 Augusta Avenue Kensington Market Toronto, Ontario M5T 2M2
- Beers to try: Watermelon Wheat and Broken Point Hazy New England Pale Ale
Located amongst the shops on Queen Street East, this brewery fits right in. Its cozy design is inspired by the great pubs of Europe and encourages you to get comfy and enjoy the variety of styles offered by Radical Road.
- Address: 1177 Queen St E, Toronto, ON M4M 1L5
- Beers to try: Cucumber Mint Kolsch and Straight Up Pineapple Mango Sour
Dog lovers and beer lovers rejoice. Black Lab Brewing isn’t just branded with doggo’s, it welcomes our four-legged friends right into the brewery. Need we say more? So grab your pet and grab a pint and enjoy some quality time together at this brewery.
- Address: 818 Eastern Ave, Toronto, ON M4L 1A1
- Beers to try: Li’l Hobo Hefeweizen and Cornerstone Black Lager
Make sure to go and check these Toronto breweries out, grab a pint (or 2), and tag @craftbeer_guide in your photos!
We’ve only cracked the surface of the best Toronto Breweries with this list.
If we’ve missed any of your favourite Toronto breweries and you think they should be added to the list, share it with us in the comments below!