Belgian-Style Dubbel Beer
Belgian-Style Dubbel is a type of Belgian beer that is characterized by its deep amber colour and malty flavour. Belgian-Style Dubbels are typically brewed with Belgian candi sugar, which gives the beer its unique flavour profile. Belgian-Style Dubbels are often Belgian Trappist beers, meaning that they are brewed by monks in Belgium.
Belgian-Style Dubbels are perfect for enjoying with food, as their complex flavours can stand up to heartier dishes. When pairing Belgian-Style Dubbels with food, try pairing them with roasted meats, strong cheeses, or chocolate desserts.
Belgian-Style Dubbel Details
- Color: 16-36 SRM
- Bitterness: 20-35 IBU
- Alcohol: 6.3-7.6% ABV
- Glass: Tulip
- Temperature: 10-12°C
- Color: Brown to Very Dark
- Clarity: Clear to Slight Haze
- Hop: Not perceived to low
- Malt: Chocolate, Caramel, Toast
Belgian-Style Dubbel Pairings
- Food Pairing: Smoked Sausage
- Cheese Pairing: Abbey cheese, Roquefort or Stilton
- Dessert Pairing: Chocolate Truffles
Looking for a brewery near you? Check out our brewery near me tool and discover thousands of local breweries!