British-Style Barley Wine Ale Beer
British-Style Barley Wine Ale is a strong, rich beer with a complex flavour profile. It is typically brewed with British hops and British malt, which give it a characteristic English flavour.
Barley Wine Ales are typically high in alcohol content, often exceeding 10% ABV. They are typically dark amber or brown in colour and may have a slightly sweet flavour due to the use of British crystal malt. Some British-Style Barley Wine Ales are aged in wooden barrels, which helps to develop their complex flavour profile even further. This is a perfect choice for lovers of strong, flavorful beer.
British-Style Barley Wine Ale Details
- Color: 14-22 SRM
- Bitterness: 40-60 IBU
- Alcohol: 8.5-12% ABV
- Glass: Snifter
- Temperature: 10-12°C
- Color: Copper to Deep Red
- Clarity: Brilliant to Slight Haze
- Hop: Very low to medium-low
- Malt: Nutty, Caramel, Biscuit
British-Style Barley Wine Ale Pairings
- Food Pairing: Roasted Game Meats (Venison, Boar, or Duck)
- Cheese Pairing: Stilton or Blue Cheese
- Dessert Pairing: Bread Pudding
Looking for a brewery near you? Check out our brewery near me tool and discover thousands of local breweries!